When it comes to locking your keys in your car, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of trouble, especially when it’s your keys in the ignition with the lights on. While the 24-7 Towing does offer lockout services, it’s one of those emergency situations we hate to see, especially because it can be easily avoided.
Today we wanted to talk about some common sense tactics to avoid this preventable emergency situation.
Get Yourself Some Habits
Human beings are creatures of habit, so it’s a good idea to incorporate the suggestions above, or a similar plan with your daily driving routine, so it becomes second nature. Also realize the time when you are experiencing stress or are in a hurry as these are the prime times when forgetting your structured habit can take place.
- Always lock your car with your keys, or FOB, in your hands, while standing outside of the vehicle.
- If you take your keys out of the ignition while you are still in the car, put them in your pocket or somewhere on your body.
- Do not place your keys beside you in the passenger seat, thinking that you will pick these up later. You might be sorry later when you are standing outside of your locked car, gazing at your keys still on the car seat.
- It is never a good idea to lock your car with the lock button on the inside of your car door.
- Make a spare key and keep it in your wallet or purse at all times.
If It Happens, Be Prepared…
Despite your best intentions and habits, you may still lock yourself inadvertently out of your vehicle. In such an event, count on Portland’s 24-7 Towing Team to help assist.
In addition to 24-hour lockout services, we offer a full range of towing and roadside assistance services including flat tire repair, fuel delivery, jump-start and a full suite of towing services
Our 24-hour roadside assistance can help you when you need it most. We want you to feel safe and secure in receiving help. You will receive fast, prompt and friendly help when you request towing and locksmith help. With the 24-7 Towing Team in Portland, Oregon you can get the help when you need it, as you need it.
Keys Locked In Car? Call 24-7 Towing
With over 50 combined years of towing service experience. the 24-7 Towing Team is comprised of dedicated, trained towing professionals whose prime focus is to proudly serve the Portland and Vancouver metro area’s tow truck requests. We’re full service which means we take jump start car service calls, flat tire assistance and a variety of towing services including long distance tows.
Additionally we’re fully licensed, bonded and insured in both Oregon and Washington and – as the name implies – available on a 24/7 basis with our versatile selection of tow trucks and service equipment to address your unique Roadside Assistance needs.
Give us a call today at (503) 468-5090 and a knowledgeable representative on our 24-7 Towing Team will be happy to help.